- You Are Here:
- Departments G-Z
- Public Service Authority
- Payment Options
Click on the tabbed options below for more information on each category.
Credit Card & Debit Card
Card payments are accepted online using the customer portal or by calling 540-600-4780. You will need the account number & last four digits of the phone number on file to make the payment. A $3.50 convenience fee will be charged for each $300.00 transaction.
Cash payments can be brought to our office, Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding holidays. Please do not send cash through the mail. Our office is located on the second floor of the County Administration Building, located at 150 South Main Street, Lexington.
Checks, Money Orders & Cashier Checks
Checks, money orders, and cashier checks should be made payable to Rockbridge County Public Service Authority (RCPSA), and can be brought to the office, dropped in the drop boxes or mailed to:
150 S. Main St.
Lexington, VA 24450
Please allow ample time for the post office to deliver your payment by the due date. The RCPSA is not responsible for non-delivery by the U.S. Postal Service. Any payment dropped in the drop boxes after 4:30 p.m. will be processed the next business day.
ACH Draft Service
Automatic recurring bank draft service allows automatic bank drafting from your checking or savings account to assure your bill is paid in full and on time for every billing, even if you are out of town. This convenient service is free to customers.
Deferred Payment Plans
- Must apply prior to shut off date
- Has to have a hardship such as: (customer maybe required to provide documentation)
- Loss of job
- Medical emergency
- Excessive bill
- Extraordinary financial difficulties
- Payment must be made, in good faith, prior to initiating the contract. The remaining balance will be split into billing installments.
- If the property is a rental, the owner or property manager must agree prior to initiating the contract.
- A phone call or email will suffice
- Reminder: The deferred payment amounts shall be in addition to the regular service bill amount and due on the bill due date. If payment isn’t made, service is subjected to disconnection and will not be reconnected until all monies owed to the Authority are paid in full. (This includes, regular bill, the entire payment plan amount, penalties and disconnection fees)
Click here to start the deferred payment plan process or call our office.